|JOB TYPE||LOCATION||REPORT TO|
|Full-Time||South Africa, Somerset West||Production Manager|
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
Our Somerset West facility has a permanent position for an Assembly Technician to support the manufacture of electronic equipment for use in satellite-based systems.
• You will be trained in the demanding assembly requirements of building equipment for space products.
• You will be expected to undertake extensive training in through- hole, surface mount component assembly and wiring and crimping techniques to international standards.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
• Liaising with senior management and project engineers
• Planning and sequencing of workflow through the different manufacturing processes
• Hand soldering of through hole and surface mount components
• Assembly of complex harnessing.
• Assisting in any aspect of the build and test of space equipment.
• Familiarity with assembly for space environment.
• Familiarity with clean room procedures.
• Assembly of optical systems.
• Familiarity with electronic testing of boards, sub-assemblies and completed units.
• Familiarity with traceability requirements and stores procedures.
• Sound knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Post-secondary training in electronic engineering technology.
• At least five years assembling complex and high reliability electro-mechanical equipment (preferably to IPC-3 level).
• Appreciation of ISO9001 requirements.
• Familiarity with working in a highly controlled assembly environment such as military or medical equipment.
• Ability to work to tight schedules while maintaining high quality manufacture.
• Good written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to work with small components and assemblies extensively using a microscope daily.
• Ability to interpret mechanical and electronic drawings.
• Be self-motivated and have a willingness to learn.
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to manage time and work to deadlines.
The post holder will be required to interact frequently and effectively with other Company team members.
• Fluent English essential, second and/or additional languages beneficial
NewSpace Systems is committed to Employment Equity therefore preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
If you meet the requirements of this vacancy, please send your cv to:
email@example.com OR contact us on +27 (0) 21 300 0160