JOB TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: South Africa, Somerset West
REPORT TO: Production Manager
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
We have a permanent position for a Test Lead who will be will be responsible for leading and supervising all activities related to the testing of standard products in an efficient, pro-active, and synergistic manner.
The Test Lead is also responsible for performing tests as defined by the needs mandated through clients, projects, and other stakeholders such that it achieves outputs that meet the requirements.
• Accountable for the testing of standard products to ensure compliance with the product specification before shipping to clients. This includes the following types of testing:
• Electrical properties
• Mechanical fit and compliance
• Optical testing
• Magnetic testing
• Environmental testing
• Accountable for organizing testing at offsite test facilities.
• Accountable for the testing of sub-assemblies to early identify faults.
• Responsible for logging, interpreting, and documenting all appropriate test data.
• Responsible that Test Readiness Reviews and Test Reviews are performed timeously to ensure clients requirements are met.
• Responsible for the planning of test schedules and the execution thereof in line with the approved production plan by the Production Manager.
• Responsible for efficient utilization and balancing of test equipment to minimize conflicting requirements
• Responsible for fault finding and isolating cause of failure on defective units
• Automation of test processes
• Training production staff on usage of test equipment and test set-ups.
• Monitoring and reporting to Production Manager on plans, progress, and issues related to the testing of standard products.
• Providing reports on test performed
• Design and implementation of test looms and test equipment
Evolution and Customization of Standard Products and Incubation of New Products:
• Support the Product and Design Engineers in creating, maintaining, and updating test procedures and results sheets.
• Support the Design and Product Engineers in the design, implementation, and improvement of test equipment used for qualification and acceptance testing.
• Support the Design and Product Engineers in maintaining and updating test software to improve the ease of use.
• Support the Design and Product Engineers in creating new software to ease testing processes.
• Performing ad-hoc tests requested by design engineering or product support.
• Monitoring and reporting to Product Support Manager on plans, progress and issues related to testing activities during the evolution of standard products.
• Monitoring and reporting to the CSO on plans, progress, and issues related to the testing of new products during incubation
• Other ad-hoc duties as required by the company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• B-TECH or Degree in Electronic Engineering from a recognised institution
Experience (ideally within the aerospace or defence industry):
• 5 years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
• Testing and preferable design of high-reliability electronic products
• Design and implementation of test equipment
• Ability to interpret mechanical and electronic drawings
• Ability to effectively use off-the-shelf test equipment
• Appreciation and experience of ISO9001 requirements
• Phython programming
Additional knowledge areas that would strengthen the application
• Knowledge of satellite subsystems and the space environment.
• Experience with the ECSS product development and environmental testing standards
• Cleanroom, ESD, and optical assembly environment
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Be self-motivated and have the willingness to learn
• Willing to go the extra mile to complete projects
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Flexible and able to multi-task, can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
• Resourcefulness in setting priorities
• The post holder will be required to interact frequently and effectively with peers and other team members towards achieving positive outcomes
If you meet the requirements of this vacancy, please send your cv to:
Lm@newspacesystems.com OR contact us on +27 (0) 21 300 0160