|Full-Time||South Africa, Somerset West|
|KEY PURPOSE OF JOB|
|• To ensure all processes are carried out to the required quality to ensure delivered items are fit for purpose and meet the technical and client requirements and expectations.|
• Maintaining, reviewing, and improving product and quality assurance for Space-related activities within the facility.
• Maintaining quality and operational procedures established as part of the formal qualification and acceptance processes.
• Understanding the technical and client’s needs and requirements and ensure effective communication thereof to the engineering and production teams.
• Inspection of incoming components, parts, and assemblies by conducting visual and measurement tests, and rejecting and returning of unacceptable deliveries.
• Identification of Key Inspection Points (KIP) and Mandatory Inspection Points (MIP) of sub-assemblies and integrated assemblies and liaison with Engineering and Production teams to ensure inclusion in product documentation.
• In-process and final inspection of sub-assemblies and integrated assemblies including all related build documentation.
• Perform inspection on outgoing deliveries (to sub-contractors and clients), ensuring that product is in line with technical and client requirements.
• Assist the Supply Chain team in the selection of suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Monitor shelf-life control and ensure that timely actions are taken to minimise any impact to production and engineering processes.
• Ensure adherence to cleanroom standards, as per the BMS requirements.
• Responsible for the effective feedback on quality deviations to Engineering and Production teams to prevent re-occurrence and promote continuous improvement.
• Responsible for the calibration and maintenance of equipment (internal and sub-contracted) in a timely manner in adherence with the schedule.
• Responsible for the review and approval of technical documentation requiring a quality signature.
• Assist the Engineering and Production teams with investigations of failures, where required.
• Monitor and ensure validity of the ESA certification of technicians and quality controllers.
• Oversee ESA theoretical training (performed by external ESA trainer) and manage the practical examination in collaboration with the ESA trainer.
• Assist the Quality Assurance Coordinator with quality induction and awareness training, where required.
• Responsible for the effective administration of quality control processes within the company.
• Keeping accurate documentation and analyse trends.
Other ad hoc duties as required by the company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Grade 12 certificate or equivalent
• Valid IPC-A-610 or ECSS certificate (Preference will be given to aerospace and defence electronics experience)
Experience & Knowledge:
• >5 years working experience in an electronic manufacturing industry
• Knowledge of workmanship standards
• Experience with soldering and conformal coating
• 1-2 years quality control/inspection in the electronic manufacturing industry (Preference will be given to aerospace and defence electronics experience)
• Proficient with MS Office
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Positive self-motivated, self-starter attitude
• Team player
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Customer focused
• Able to persuade and influence others
• Flexible and able to multi-task can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
• Resourcefulness in setting priorities.
If you meet the requirements of this vacancy, please send your cv to:
Lm@newspacesystems.com OR contact us on +27 (0) 21 300 0160