JOB TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: South Africa, Somerset West
REPORT TO: QA MANAGER
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
NewSpace Systems is a product development and manufacturing aerospace engineering company in Somerset West has a permanent position for a Quality Engineer who will be responsible, but not limited to the following:
• To ensure all processes are carried out to the required quality to ensure delivered items are fit for purpose and meet the technical and client requirements and expectations.
• Maintaining, reviewing, and improving product and quality assurance for Space-related activities within the facility.
• Maintaining quality and operational procedures established as part of the formal qualification and acceptance processes.
• Monitor and maintain the quality processes throughout the value chain and play a key role in the implementation of corrective actions and improvements
• Audit product datapacks and manufacturing processes
• Test reports review
• Engineering drawings review (new or updated)
• Responsible for the technical review of changes to products
• Review measuring equipment suitability
• Review and approval of calibration and verification results
• Responsible for supplier and internal audits
• Responsible for physical configuration audits
• Identify root cause and implement corrective actions
• Responsible for supplier development.
• Assist in the selection and qualification of suppliers and sub-contractors
• Responsible for the investigation, communication, and monitoring of quality deviations to suppliers
• Assist the Engineering and Production teams with investigations of failures (e.g. process/product)
• Investigate and research alternative manufacturing methods
• Assist with product qualification
• Other ad-hoc duties as required by the company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Btech/Advanced Diploma Electrical or Electronic qualification
• Btech/Advanced Diploma in Quality
• ISO 9001/AS 9100 Quality Management
Experience & Knowledge:
• >5 years of QA Engineering working experience (preferable aerospace or defence)
• MS Office experience
• QMS maintenance
Additional knowledge areas that would strengthen the application
• Have worked in a Cleanroom environment
• Knowledge of PDM (Solidworks)
• Knowledge of Syspro or ERP system
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Positive self-motivated, self-starter attitude
• Team player
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Customer focused
• Able to persuade and influence others
• Flexible and able to multi-task, can work within a fast-moving environment
• Resourcefulness in setting priorities.
• Logical thinker
• Analytical ability
• Attention to detail and accuracy of work
To learn more about Newspace Systems, visit our website: