JOB TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: South Africa, Somerset West
REPORT TO: Industrialization Manager
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
Product development and manufacturing Aerospace Engineering Company in Somerset West has a permanent position for a Production Automation Engineer responsible for supporting activities related to the automation of testing systems and test results and reports in an efficient, pro-active, and synergistic manner.
Test System Development and Support
• Responsible for automation of test set-ups to enable: test data recording, interpretation and manipulation; reduced operator interpretation of results.
• The automation of test report generation.
• Assisting with the design and improvement of production test software for ease of use and increased automation.
• Responsible for investigation and resolution of product deviations during testing.
• Support the Testing department in fault finding and isolating the cause of failure on defective units.
• Training production staff on the use of test equipment and test set-ups.
• Assisting in creating, maintaining, and updating test procedures and results sheets.
• Other ad-hoc duties as required by the company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Software \ Computer Systems \ Electronic Engineering Qualification
Experience (ideally within the aerospace or defence industry):
• 2-5 years of relevant work experience
• Design and implementation of automated test equipment or software solutions integrating to electronic systems
• Ability to interpret mechanical and electronic drawings
• Ability to effectively use off-the-shelf test equipment
• Appreciation and experience of ISO9001 requirements
• Python, C#, SQL, LaTeX
Additional knowledge areas that would strengthen the application
• Knowledge of satellite subsystems and the space environment.
• Experience with the ECSS product development and environmental testing standards
• Cleanroom, ESD, and optical assembly environment
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Be self-motivated and have a willingness to learn
• Willing to go the extra mile to complete projects
• Good attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Flexible and able to multi-task, can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
• Resourcefulness in setting priorities
• The post holder will be required to interact frequently and effectively with peers and other team members towards achieving positive outcomes