|JOB TYPE||LOCATION||REPORT TO|
|Full-Time||South Africa, Somerset West||Production Manager|
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
We have a permanent position for a Production Assembler who will be responsible for producing components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
• Responsibility for the day-to-day cleanroom operations
• Assembly of harnesses
• Assembly of boards and other components into chasses
• Application of glues, thermal compounds, and conformal coatings
• Operation of related assembly aids, such as curing oven, vacuum tank, compressor, solder pots, crimping tools, etc.
• Ensuring traceability of all parts during the assembly process
• Logging and controlling the storage of electronic and other components as well as work in progress and completed products
• Capturing of tasks and job status in line with build operations
• Secure packing of completed products suitable for international shipments
• Reporting production progress and issues to the line manager
• Review assembly documentation/build instructions and understand what needs to be done and how it is to be done
• Ensure correct procedures, and processes are followed during manufacturing
• Ensure all documentation is signed off for traceability
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Post-secondary training in electronic engineering technology.
• >3 years assembling complex and high-reliability electro-mechanical equipment
• Appreciation of ISO9001 requirements.
• Familiarity with working in a highly controlled assembly environment such as military or medical equipment.
• Ability to work to tight schedules while maintaining high quality manufacture.
• Good written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to work with small components and assemblies
• Ability to interpret mechanical and electronic drawings.
• Be self-motivated and have the willingness to learn.
• Good attention to detail.
• Ability to manage time and work to deadlines.
• Fluent English
NewSpace Systems is committed to Employment Equity therefore preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
If you meet the requirements of this vacancy, please send your cv to:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR contact us on +27 (0) 21 300 0160