|JOB TYPE||LOCATION||REPORT TO|
|Full-Time||South Africa, Somerset West||Industrialization Manager|
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
Our office in Somerset West has a permanent position for a Product Support Engineer, responsible for the customization and improvement of standard products and processes as defined by the needs mandated through clients, projects, and stakeholders such that it achieves outputs that meet the specified requirement.
Engineering Support of Standard Products:
• Provide engineering support to the Production team during the manufacturing and testing of products.
• Responsible for the development and manufacturing of aids, tools, and Jigs.
• Provide engineering support to the Supply Chain team in the logistics of components and products.
• Responsible for manufacturing documentation, including assembly instructions of products.
• Responsible for creating and updating the Bill of Material operational information in the ERP system.
• Responsible for updating technical documentation of products.
• Responsible for packaging design solutions to ensure effective transport of products.
• Responsible for investigation and resolution of product deviations during the production process and client feedback.
• Responsible for timeous and effective preparation of responses to client technical queries
• Perform continuous improvement in terms of standardization, technologies, architecture, best practices etc. with input from the Engineering team.
• Identify and implement the necessary steps to address the obsolescence of components/parts to guarantee the manufacturability and repeatability of the products.
• Support the Supply Chain team in the development of new suppliers.
Evolution and Customization of Standard Products:
• Responsible for all phases of evolution and customization of a standard product (including design, qualification, industrialization, and engineering support during production).
• Responsible for the execution of technical reviews according to the project review process and client requirements.
• Responsible for the configuration control of relevant technical documentation and software programs on standard products.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• BEng, in Mechatronics, Electronic Mechanical Engineering from a recognised institution
Experience & Knowledge:
• 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
• Experience in mechanical and/or electronics hardware design (Preferably in Solid Works and Altium Designer)
• Design and industrialization of high-reliability electronic products
• Good knowledge of analog and digital electronics.
• Good knowledge and experience in technical support in a manufacturing environment
Additional knowledge areas that would strengthen the application
• Knowledge of satellite subsystems and the space environment.
• Experience with the ECSS product development and environmental testing standards
• Cleanroom, ESD, and optical assembly environment experience
• Embedded software development, integration, and testing (C/C++)
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Positive self-motivated, self-starter attitude
• Team player
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Customer focused
• Able to persuade and influence others
• Flexible and able to multi-task, can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
• Resourcefulness in setting priorities
• Other ad-hoc duties as required by company.
If you meet the requirements of this vacancy, please send your cv to:
Lm@newspacesystems.com OR contact us on +27 (0) 21 300 0160