JOB TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: South Africa, Somerset West
REPORT TO: COO
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
NewSpace Systems is a product development and manufacturing aerospace engineering company in Somerset West looking for a Master Data Administrator.
This position will support the business by creating, monitoring and analysing master data and data relationships throughout the organization. The Master Data Administrator will ensure the integrity of data in key systems (Syspro and PDM) and will be responsible for the maintenance of the processes to support the data quality.
• Responsible for creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures for key systems
• Responsible for guidance and training on key systems to all users
• Responsible for end-user support ensuring that user queries are responded to timeously
• Responsible for extraction of data from key systems to assist users with specific data inquiries/requirements
• Responsible for the creation and maintenance of all master data records
• Responsible for the capturing of data according to the agreed standards
• Responsible for the performance of system health checks, monitoring day-end and month-end processes.
• Responsible for regular master data cleansing projects to ensure accurate information
• Responsible for software enhancement and upgrades
• Responsible for the setting up of new users, user access control, and setting of authorization limits
• Responsible for effective communication with the key system support consultants in cases of unresolved support calls or improvements
• Responsible for the resolution of reporting errors or issues
• Responsible for the creation and maintenance of customized reports
• Responsible for the management and coordination of key system changes
• Support for current IT provider on a high level.
• Other ad-hoc duties as required by the company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Relevant Degree or Diploma
Experience & Knowledge:
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with ERP Support as the core responsibility
• Minimum of 5 years of master data administration experience
• Advanced MS Excel and excellent working knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Strong Analytical capability
• Syspro experience will be first price
• Report writing experience (preferably in SSRS and Crystal, or similar)
• SQL query writing experience
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Positive self-motivated, self-starter attitude
• Attention to detail
• Team player
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Customer focused
• Able to persuade and influence others
• Flexible and able to multi-task, can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
• Resourcefulness in setting priorities.
If you meet the requirements of this vacancy, please send your cv to:
Lm@newspacesystems.com OR contact us on +27 (0) 21 300 0160