JOB TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: South Africa, Somerset West
REPORT TO: COO
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB
The successful person for this role will support the Executive team by providing a high standard of personal executive-level assistance to meet the needs of the Executive team’s objectives. This will include a significant amount of diary management, setting up meetings, hospitality, travel, visa arrangements, minutes taking, drafting of agendas, and more.
KEY TASKS KEY TASKS
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist the Executive Team of NewSpace Systems (NSS) and its subsidiaries with management meetings as required.
• Assist the executive team in the timely management of communications, including written, telephonic, email, and voicemail
• Compose document proposals and the follow-up thereof
• Assist in the management and organization of the executive teams’ calendars
• Prepare agendas, attend meetings, and take the minutes of meetings.
• Coordinate onsite meetings, luncheons, coffees, and in-house events.
• Support to the Executive Team, including processing expenses, and visa applications, and ensuring the consistent application of all company policies and procedures.
• Process Executive team diaries
• Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
• Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and others.
• Manage and coordinate travel for the executive team.
• Represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive’s absence and speaking for the executive.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Executive team, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature.
• Anticipate the Executive team’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
• An all-rounder that gets things done
• Other ad-hoc duties as required by the company.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Relevant National Diploma / Degree preferable or NQF 6 qualification
• A minimum of three to five years’ PA experience on a management level
• Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedure
• Significant executive support experience
• Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS PETENCIES & SKILLS
• Strong communication skills in both verbal and written English / Afrikaans
• The ability to interact professionally at all levels, both internally and externally
• Very proactive
• Extremely detail-oriented
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strong speaking, and writing skills
• Very strong work ethic
• A flexible approach, and initiative, result in orientation and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
• Initiative and innovative skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
• Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround.
• Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
If you meet the requirements of this vacancy, please send your cv to:
Lm@newspacesystems.com OR contact us on +27 (0) 21 300 0160